Data Value Hub – Ireland North East
Fixed-term contract to December 2023
The Data Value Hub for Ireland North East provides a dedicated Digital Innovation facility for a wide range of enterprises across the North East region.
Located in Monaghan town, our vision is to realise competitive advantage for local Enterprises through Data Value.
Founded on a partnership model with local businesses, The Hub advances a digital technology agenda, enabling capabilities such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Edge Computing and Autonomous Things.
The Hub is structured along 3 tracks; Technology Upskilling, Incubator Projects and Capability Assessments. Our activities are open and inclusive within the local community. In addition to the 3 main tracks the Hub facilitates open days, guest lectures, school visits, collaborative workshops and information days on valuable and emerging digital trends.
With funding from Enterprise Ireland, the Hub promoters are Monaghan County Council and Enterprising Monaghan whose activities support a Multi-Billion-Euro Agri-Food and Engineering sectors within the county. At its core the Hub creates a diverse and expert collaboration that helps to future proof the North East region’s economy through Productivity and Product Differentiation across all sectors.
With this in mind, The Hub has formed strategic partnerships with key expert organisations such as INSIGHT, ICHEC and IMR. This is further underpinned by the formal support of Microsoft and Intel.
The Data Value Hub is seeking to appoint a Data Engineer to deliver Digitisation projects in collaboration with Enterprises in the region. The aim of the Hub is to ensure Enterprises adopt Artificial Intelligence to compete and grow in the region, providing employment and growing the local and regional economy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Data Engineer will report to the CEO of the Data Value Hub. This position is a new senior level strategic role for a fixed term up to December 2023.
- Technical lead for the Hub with a hands-on approach, with responsibility to deliver all technical activities within the Hub
- Work on use-case definition, resource assets, technical setup, dataset management, core software development, and technical demonstrators
- Work with project research partners (ICHEC, INSIGHT and IMR) and other stakeholders to assist in the timely delivery of The Hub objectives.
- Build an online body of knowledge on Digitisation relevant to Enterprises in the region
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies and trends
- Create and deliver training programmes on Digitisation for Enterprises
- Help to develop Digitisation self-sufficiency within Enterprises
Qualifications & Skills:
- Candidates must have a technology, science or engineering primary degree or equivalent, and 5+ years’ relevant work experience. A post graduate qualification in one of the disciplines mentioned is desirable
- Knowledge of AI, Machine Learning and Data Analytics technologies and best practices. Familiarity with Mathlab, Azure Machine Learning, Azure Synapse, Python, SQLServer, Deep Learning toolkits such as Café an advantage
- Skilled in Software Project Management Methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
- Skilled in Defining, Architecting, Technical Blueprinting and working with Software Developers
- A broad understanding of technologies and tools for Software Design, Analysis and Coding such as Azure DevOps
- Strong Analytical skills, problem solving skills and propose solutions to multifaceted problems
- A flexible approach / resourceful / conscientious and self-motivated with a ‘can do attitude’ ability to see tasks through to completion
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience in delivering technical results across diverse disciplines with multiple stakeholders. Able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Broad work experience in multiple organisations an advantage, such as working in Academia, Large and Small enterprises
- Experienced in working both with people and independently
- Proven time-management skills and highly organized
- Experience of presenting to diverse audiences on Digitisation topics
- Each candidate must be of good character. Employment of the successful candidate shall be subject to satisfactory references.
- Remuneration will be €40,000 per annum, negotiable
- There shall be a period after such appointment take effect during which such persons shall hold the position on probation,
- Such period shall be twelve months but the Hub may at their discretion extend such period,
- Such person shall cease to hold the position at end of the period of probation unless during such period, the Hub has certified that the service of such person is satisfactory
- The position is non-pensionable however, the Employer will facilitate implementation of a PRSA through making appropriate deductions, if required, and remitting same to the designated fund/company.
Hours of Work:
- 37 hours per week. The Data Engineer must be available to work outside normal working hours as required by the post.
- The Data Engineer will be based in Local Enterprise Office, M:Tek Building 1, Armagh Road, Monaghan.
- Candidates may be shortlisted on the basis of information provided in the application form.
- Candidates will initially be assessed to ensure they meet the minimum qualifications set down above. Assessment will be based on information provided by the candidate on the application form. Qualifications of successful candidates may be subject to further checks post interview to confirm they meet the criteria.
- Candidates will then be assessed on the basis of other information contained in their application form to determine, having regard to the requirements of the position and the number who have applied, if they should be called for interview.
- Completed Application forms to be signed and returned in hard copy format to:
Human Resource Management Section,
Monaghan County Council,